Wednesday 27 February 2008

Ouch

Not the words you want to hear 10 days before you depart for the Arctic!!!

Had a minor altercation with a moving car, the car in question not only failed to indicate but also cut right infront of the oncoming car before nearly running me over as it cut across the junction, some fancy footwork meant that i avoided the Hollywood style 'rolling over the bonnet' scenario but i do seem to have re-strained my troublesome groin muscle (catchingly known as the adductor longus muscle) .....some suitable colorful language was directed in his general direction but he seemed totally unaware of the chaos he had just caused.

I have a week or so of rest now so I'm not overly concerned but it has resulted in me canceling my trip to Lincoln University on Friday were i was going to help with their research into ultra running, this involved a full fitness assessment (heart rates, VO2 levels, lactate levels etc.) this would have not only been beneficial to them but also very interesting for me, hopefully this is something we can schedule at a later date....

No comments: