Thursday 21 February 2008

All fingers and thumbs

Everything becomes very difficult in the Arctic if your fingers are numb, you can't do jackets up, you can't get you stove going, you can't do the zip up on your sleeping bag all these things could quite quickly become life threatening, so I have got myself a selection of gloves that should see me alright in chilly, windy, cold and very cold conditions...

But, then i heard Mimi (last years winner) say how numb her hands had got, and also the reports of the rival race this year and the temps dropping to -50, i decided that a pair of gloves that covered the very very very cold might be in order....

Enter the Marmot Expedition Mitt.....

It's like wearing 2 sleeping bags on your arms, the cuffs almost reach my elbow and they are soooo warm, probably not the sort of things you could wear down to the supermarket as you would get some odd looks, but in the Arctic they should work a treat and if they don't I think you can safely assume I’m in trouble......

No comments: