Wednesday 31 December 2008

2008 Roundup....

I think its safe to say that 2008 has been a painful year, both my injuries are on going but as you can see from the figures below it doesn't seem to stop me (well it doesn't hurt when running/cycling its only when i stop it bl00dy hurts). Not done as many events this year as i would have liked but the highlight was the 6633 and I'm very much looking forward to going back in 09.

During 2008, well 10 months of it (I've had 2 months of little or no training due to injuries) my GPS tells me that I have spent just short of 400 hours of my life running/walking/cycling about 3200 miles (the actual figure is higher as i have not GPS'd all activities)

Looking forward to 2009, as mentioned I've got the 6633 (352 miles in the Arctic) in March, then in May I have a place in the Grand Union Canal race (147 miles non stop from Birmingham to London), and then if all goes to plan I want to have a go at the Tooting Bec 24hr race (to see how far i can run round and round a 400m track in 24hrs), and of course i will have to defend my team title at the Brecon Ultra....

No comments: