Monday 8 December 2008

Everybody's a winner...

Us ultra runners are all winners, but this weekend i was an actual real proper winner, as a last minute replacement in Team Spock, Steve E, Cookie and myself were the winning team in the inaugural Beacons Ultra, on a personal note i finished 14th out of 65 starters and considering the pain i had in my right hip for about half the course i was well chuffed with a time of 9hr 58mins on quite a tough course....Injury update:- ankle took quite a battering and is a little swollen but will be fine in a day or so, groin didn't hurt at all (even I'm beginning to think its might be all in the mind), right hip pain is a new one to me which probably slowed me by at least an hour, will see what effect a couple of days rest has and take it from there.

Matt and the Likeys boys and girls put on a great event and i'm looking forward to defending the team title in next years event.... http://www.beaconsultra.com/

No comments: