Monday 16 February 2009

There is a god

and her name is Fran and she's a NHS physio, OK she may not have obtained god like status just yet but she is the first person to actually listen to me and try and understand my various points of pain and discomfort.
Within a couple of minutes of stretching and twisting she noted that my pelvis/hips were out of alinement's by half an inch, this apparently can been fixed by just pulling it back into place!! which is exactly what she did....further twisting and stretching highlighted the quite alarming difference in flexibility between my left and right leg. So the focus of the next week is stretching and lots of it, i have a series of 10 stretches to do as often as physically possible.
I always suspected that i didn't do enough stretching relative to the amount of running/walking i do, but i was as shocked as Fran at the degree of inflexibility in my legs and hips/pelvis.

No comments: