Wednesday 19 May 2010

Gadgets, and i do like a gadget

And the Garmin 310 xt is a great gadget, I've been using a GPS watch for a few years now to log my miles but the problem has always been the time it takes to lock onto the satellites and the battery run time, well the 310 xt fixes both of these problems and if i ever learn to swim i can use it in the water as well, the xt has a 20 hour run time which is good enough for most of the races i do, the satellite lock is really quick so no more hanging around waiting for the satellite lock before i could start running or cycling, i also went for the heart rate option which allows me to track my heart rate which is interesting in a very nerdy sort of way, the xt works well with sporttracks software (http://www.zonefivesoftware.com/SportTracks/) which allows me to log and report on all this running and cycling i do.

No comments: