Saturday 19 January 2008

Round and round and round and round....

I decided not to do the Thames path ultra after seeing some of the pictures of the course, now i like a bit of adventure, but with waist deep water along big chunks of the 50 mile course their was a real chance of getting injured or drowning!!! and with only 7 weeks to the 6633 Ultra it was a risk i decided not to take.

So what to do instead, I know my local 'just short of 10 mile' loop I'll just do that 5 times!!

Firstly i must say it's not the most interesting route, and doing it repeatedly somewhat did my head in but it was good 'mind' practice for the Arctic....
Secondly, it rained the whole time and i got just as wet as i would have done if i have done the Thames path race......

Ended up doing the loop 4 times, the last loop being quite tough, but i ran all the way and recovered well once finished, and feel in quite good shape for tomorrows marathon!!!

No comments: