Sunday 25 February 2007

FAILURE!!!!!

21 miles was the best i could do at the Coastal Marathon in Devon, but in my defence it had taken me 8 hours to drive from London to just outside Salcombe, the course was vertical in places, very very muddy and slippery. The scenery was stunning, seals, big waves, high cliffs and submarines.......

Hat's off too the people who finished, i jarred my back on one of the slippery sections and then a slight pull on my right calf was enough for me to call it a day, 21 miles in 4 hour was quite a hard slog. 3 weeks till the MDS i don't need to be getting any serous injury this close to the race.

But it does not get away from the fact that was my first DNF (did not finish) and that it my book is a failure.

All was not lost as i did have to walk 1 mile to and from the start, and later in the afternoon after a rest i walked 3 miles along the beach. so i did do 26 miles just not in one go and in the race so it is still a failure.......

No comments: