Monday 25 May 2009

Get me some water wings

it's time i learnt to swim.....all these injuries have taken the fun out of my running, the training has become a painful chore and when i stand on the start line of a race I'm already thinking about what injury is going to stop me finishing, this weekend it was the recurrence of a shin injury that stopped me at 55 mile point in the GUCR, up until that point i had been fine and although a little dehydrated i felt quite strong.
So i have a plan and it doesn't involve running, I'm going to have some swimming lessons (i can't swim!) and do a bit of swimming, buy myself a proper bike and cycle to work more often, stretch until I'm as flexible as a russian gymnast, reinstate my lunch time strolls around Mile End, and most importantly I'm going to have some fun!!

No comments: