Saturday 7 March 2009

Here we go again.......

I've had a restful couple of weeks, concentrated on my stretching, had a physio session on Friday my flexibility is getting better but is still a long way off where it should be, not sure the physio fully understood the 6633 Arctic ultra as she wants me to keep up the twice a day stretching while racing 352 miles in -50, I've also indulged in my favorite past time of eating and will be hitting the start line at 87kg (2kg heavier than last year), i read somewhere that i can expect to use 7000 calories a day during the race of which I'm likely only to replace about 2000 a day which is quite a deficit, so the few extra kilo's should help out.
Just been checking the weather in the Yukon area, current temps on the race route are -30ish, the first part of the course is currently closed due to drifting snow but the long range weather forecast is for continuing low temps but the wind and the snow will subside.
I'll update my blog as and when i can, wish me luck......

No comments: