Sunday 16 December 2007

Running by numbers.....

I read somewhere that Paula Radcliffe repeatedly counts too 100 while running during which time she has covered about a mile, the theory is that the counting takes your mind of the fact that your legs hurt, so while struggling during my Lee Valley Ultra training run (or another marathon to me and you) i thought i would give it a go, after all counting too 100 can't be that difficult, now maybe the cold had got to my head or that I'm just plain stupid but i found it incredibly difficult, the first problem was the need to count out loud and not just in your head, the second is the simple task of the counting to 100 without missing any numbers out!!.

Now i'm sure practise will make perfect but i was quite alarmed that such a simple task was so hard!!

My theory is that Paula head doesn't bob because she is working hard but because she is trying to successfully count to 100!

So if you see me out running and counting out loudly please don't think that i am mad (probably not too far from the truth) it's just that i have run a long way and things are getting tough!

No comments: